Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's got to be the Percocet talking...

So, a few days before I head out to the new life, I decide to make a clean break from my own decrepitude and have surgery on my bum knee.

Turns out that the nagging knee pain I've had for years, which has prevented me from playing sports and running and recently even hiking, is a tiny mensiscus tear. It's true, doctors are the worst patients. My orthopod stuck a needle in and sucked it out. The procedure took an hour. I should have done this years ago!

My knee's swollen to twice it's usual size. I've spent most of the past three days lying on the couch. Writing, no. Watching movies and Facebook, yes. Whenever I have to move I hobble around with a cane. I'm used to be the energetic one. Now I dread having to go to the bathroom.

On a brighter note, Percocets are fun. Especially when mixed with alcohol...

But soon I'll be a real boy again, able to hike and run and play sports.

No comments: